www.bolnorescouts.org.uk (“this site”) and The Scout Association take the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users' privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our practices for processing data collected from this site. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us.
1. The information we collect
This site does not collect data unless you login. If you login this site records any changes that you make to the content or configuration of this site. This site does not collect personally identifiable information unless you login.
2. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details are held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
3. Disclosure of data by order of a Court or authorised person
We reserve the right to communicate information we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
4. Users responsibilities
It is each user’s responsibility to:
- keep their password secret
- protect against unauthorised access to their user id and password
- log off from the site when not using it
- ensure against use by anyone else of the site through the machine that they use while they are logged on
- to search for obtain and modify only the data specifically required and allowed for relating to their role
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
6. The Data Protection Act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website at www.dataprotection.gov.uk