Beavers began in the early 80s and were such a success that they officially became Beaver Scouts in 1986.
Beavers belong to a Colony of 6 – 8 year olds. In the United Kingdom, Beaver Scouts wear a turquoise sweatshirt and Group Scarf, with optional navy activity trousers and turquoise t-shirt. The new programme consists of 5 zones:
- Getting to Know Other People
- Learning About Yourself
- Exploring the World Around Us
- Discovering Creativity and Practical Skills;
- Discovering Beliefs and Attitudes.
Theses zones are delivered by 12 methods:
- Help others
- Go on visits
- Play games
- Make things
- Explore their world
- Meet new people
- Act, sing and make music
- Listen to stories
- Prayer and worship
- Follow themes
- Go outdoors.
Beavers can now gain Challenge and Activity badges as a reward for their enthusiastic joining in.
Our Beavers in action video.
Our beavers meet at the Woodside during term times:
- Yew Beavers Tuesday 17:15-18:30
- Ash Beavers Thursday 17:15-18:30